Monday, December 31, 2012

His + Hers Cocktails

whisky text

Mr. E is not a fan of the cocktail.  Unless the cocktail looks like this:
whisky makers mark
Maker's Mark, ice and a glass.

Maker's Mark is his favorite, so we always have it in the house.  Untouched by me.  If I were to drink whisky on the rocks, I believe you'd find me hours later, lying on the bathroom floor to feel the cool, cool tiles on my face. <*insert college flashback here*>

So, when we were at PF Chang's recently inhaling massive amounts of potstickers nibbling upon appetizers, I was happy to see a cocktail on their menu that maybe I could recreate at home...and share in a little of Mr. E's Maker's Mark.  It's romantic to share. ♥

whisky hers text
I call it....a Honey of a Whisky Sour.

whisky honey
It's made with honey simple syrup, which sounds really fancy, but it just honey heated up with water.

You'll also need this stuff:
whisky hers ingredients
Maraschino cherries are a MUST in my cocktail book.  And, you'll want need some OJ and a lemon.

whisky side
print recipe
Honey of a Whisky Sour
{inspired by PF Chang's Twisted Whisky Sour, makes 1}

for the honey simple syrup:
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water

for the cocktail:
1/8 cup Maker's Mark Whisky
1 TBSP Cointreau
3 TBSP honey simple syrup
3 TBSP orange juice
1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 dashes bitters
maraschino cherries

For the simple syrup, combine the honey and water in a small saucepan.  Bring to just a simmer, then remove from heat and let cool.  Store in the fridge.

For the cocktail, whisk all of the ingredients, except the cherries, in a bowl (or use a cocktail shaker filled with ice).  Pour over ice.  Add cherries, they're mandatory.


Perfect for New Year's Eve, Birthday Eve, or Saturday Eve! 
whisky length
From Mr. E & me to you....CHEERS!  May 2013 be your best year yet.

23 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and Mr. E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    ps. Have you ever tried these? http://shoptravelfood.blogspot.fi/2012/12/pink-bebe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sweet! Happy New Years! **clink**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay!
    This is my ultimate drink!
    Cherries! Splash of whiskey!
    OJ!
    Lemon!
    And a drink stirrer with a HEART!
    I"m on my way to THE WOODLANDS!
    Happy New Years!
    Cheers!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little heart decorations! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought our agreement was..."What happens at PF Chang's STAYS at PF Chang's!" Ha! I'll toast to another good year for us, Sweetness! Keeping you close is the only New Years resolution I'll ever need. Bottoms up! LOVE, Mr. E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay!
      Mr. E gives me goose bumps!
      Uh-Oh!
      Is that bad?
      So SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
      xo

      Delete
  7. This looks so tasty! I have a question though, you don't use all of the honey/water mixture do you? Add it just to taste? I love honey but have never thought to make a drink out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bridge, Great minds drink alike! What is it with fine bourbon, orange liqueur, bitters and maraschino cherries this New Year’s Eve? Today, just posted a Ginger-Orange Bourbon Manhattan called the Ginger Boulevard (after the Boulevard Cocktail made with bourbon and Grand Marnier). Cheers! And, best wishes for a very HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! xoxo ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks perfect-o-mundo! Save one for me. I'm grabbing my shoes and some honey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How festive! I love the heart confetti. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bourbon is the best! Great way to dress up bourbon simply and as a fun cocktail. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, i love this! Great idea. I betcha my man would want the whisky sour though. Oh well, i guess the duality is shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your husband's cocktail is identical to my husband's! Yours looks fantastic, although I'm not sure how hubby would react if I started using his beloved Maker's Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm, I'd probably reach for the gentleman's drink - looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just like you and Mr. E., these cocktails are a match made in heaven. Happy New Year Bridget, may 2013 be as gentle and as sweet to you & your family as you are to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cocktail sounds lovely! You always take great photos, but that first picture is so pretty I would hang it on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh looks so good, Bridget!! I would like one of these right now! Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally loving and stealing this recipe for me and the Mr :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am looking forward to trying this cocktail. I have Makers Mark on hand and use it often to cook with. It makes a great spirit of choice in PW's whiskey cream sauce. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So gonna make this cocktail! I love how simple yet delicious it sounds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover